Historic building has been purchased by a SC
Maplewood Avenue, LLC (c/o Parmeet Soin) 3420 Pump
Road, #148, Henrico, VA 23233. SC Maplewood
Avenue, LLC submitted petition for rezoning on May
18, 2020 with plans to restore the current Sanctuary
to its original condition. The conversion of
the building will also include up to to 24 dwelling
units and proposed to be completed in two phases.
The first phase would include the conversion of the
read addition and the ground floor area for use as a
10 to 14 dwelling units and the use of the original
church sanctuary as an event space, yoga studio,
church or other activities. Phase II would
entail the completion of the final
dwelling/apartment unit count. Please
click here to review the petition for rezoning.
will continue to keep the website updated with any
new information once restoration begins. For
additional information you can email the website
owner or visit the
Facebook Link provided on this page.
High Street Methodist Church was
founded in 1844 by a division of the city’s
Methodists into eastern and western stations
(sections). The eastern section became known as
Washington Street Methodist Church after the
location of its new building and the western section
took the name High Street from its address. The
original temple-form brick church with round-arched
windows is concealed behind an asymmetrical
Romanesque front added in 1897-99. The building is
currently unoccupied. The building occupies a
dramatic site at a marked bend in High Street.