The Petersburg Playhouse
Dwelling Units & Multi-Events Center

Home

About

Mission

Project Updates

History

Restoration

The Organ

Events


Like Us On Facebook

 

 

 

***Saving This Historic Building***

 

This beautiful Historic building has been purchased by a SC Maplewood Avenue, LLC (c/o Parmeet Soin) 3420 Pump Road, #148, Henrico, VA 23233.  SC Maplewood Avenue, LLC submitted petition for rezoning on May 18, 2020 with plans to restore the current Sanctuary to its original condition.  The conversion of the building will also include up to to 24 dwelling units and proposed to be completed in two phases.  The first phase would include the conversion of the read addition and the ground floor area for use as a 10 to 14 dwelling units and the use of the original church sanctuary as an event space, yoga studio, church or other activities.  Phase II would entail the completion of the final dwelling/apartment unit count.  Please click here to review the petition for rezoning. 

We will continue to keep the website updated with any new information once restoration begins. For additional information you can email the website owner or visit the Facebook Link provided on this page.

 

High Street Methodist Church was founded in 1844 by a division of the citys Methodists into eastern and western stations (sections). The eastern section became known as Washington Street Methodist Church after the location of its new building and the western section took the name High Street from its address. The original temple-form brick church with round-arched windows is concealed behind an asymmetrical Romanesque front added in 1897-99. The building is currently unoccupied. The building occupies a dramatic site at a marked bend in High Street.

 

 

 

 

 

Home  | About | Mission | History | Restoration | The OrganEvents |

 

GoldMil Productions, LLC 1998-2020 All rights reserved.
Site design by GoldMil Productions, LLC
Last Updated:  11/22/2020